Allergy & Hay Fever - Homeopathy
What is meant by hay fever?
Hay fever is an allergic reaction to pollen in the air. The name "hay fever" is misleading: the symptoms do not only occur in autumn when the hay is gathered. Similar to a severe cold, symptoms include a stuffy and/or runny nose, sneezing and watery, itchy eyes. People may react to early tree blossoms or get hay fever later in the year from grasses. If hay fever is treated homeopathically during the winter months, it will be less severe each spring and may even disappear altogether.
Relieve symptoms during the hay fever season
You don't have to suffer during hay fever season. One or more of the following can relieve your symptoms
- Drizzle some coconut oil or shea butter on your nostrils: this will hold back pollen and relieve itching and sneezing attacks
- Keep windows closed during the day, as pollen could become trapped in the house and make symptoms worse at night
- Avoid antihistamines and decongestants: they suppress symptoms, which may reappear more intensely after the agent wears off. Read the package insert to learn about the adverse effects of such medications, as they may cause the very symptoms you are taking them for.
- Consume some raw local honey daily, either plain, in a warm drink with water and lemon, or drizzled over your favorite salad or yogurt
- Consult your homeopath in autumn
Relieve hay fever symptoms with homeopathy
In an acute situation, especially if you are unable to see your homeopath, one of the following homeopathic remedies may help:
- Allium cepa: irritation similar to peeling onions; burning sensations in nose and eyes; watery discharge; eyes red, irritated and sensitive to light. Nose may become red and sore from burning, corrosive mucus. Violent sneezing, hoarseness, and hacking cough may occur.
- Arsenicum album: affects right side more than left, with stuffy nose, alternating with watery discharge and frequent sneezing; possible eye inflammation with burning and swelling relieved by warm eye wash/compress; worse at night, especially lying down, outdoors and cold; better indoors and warmth.
- Arundo: burning and itching of the palate and nostrils, accompanied by pain at the root of the nose; clear mucus that may turn green with heavy sneezing.
- Euphrasia: puffy, watery eyes - need constant wiping or rubbing; thick, infected eye discharge; gummy, sore, grainy eyes, worse in sunlight, at night, in windy weather, indoors; better in cool, open air; thin, watery mucus. In addition to the homeopathic remedy, a diluted tincture of Euphrasia can be used as a soothing eye bath.
- Natrum muriaticum: raw, eggshell-like discharge; watery eyes, dry, sore throat; white or clear, profuse, watery nasal mucus and itching with spasmodic, violent sneezing - especially in the morning - with loss of smell/taste; violent, pounding headache, worse with sun, heat or emotional excitement.
- Nux vomica: irritable, irritable, hypersensitive to the slightest aggravation; nostrils alternately congested; intense itching of ears, nose and eyes; ineffective sneezing; throat raw and dry. If left untreated, the affected person may experience nausea. Symptoms worsen in the morning, with coffee, alcohol, strong odors, and anger. Rest, sleep, warm food and drink provide relief.
- Sabadilla: persistent sneezing, thin watery mucus, stuffy, itchy nose; watery eyes, worse with open air, sunlight and sneezing. Symptoms worsen with cold air and improve with warm food and drink or keeping warm.
- Wyethia: intolerable itching of the palate, ears, throat, and root of the nose; irritable, dry cough. Everything feels dry and irritated, but the nose can still run.
Buy homeopathy against hay fever online
You will find a wide range of homeopathy for hay fever symptoms in our online shop. We wish you a good recovery.